We’ve got spirits, yes we do! Spooky season is over (*crowd goes boo*) and just like that, it flies by faster than the last. You seem to barely have less and less time to plan for all the holiday celebrations coming up.
Where does the time go?
That’s where we step in. We have stirred up some fall cocktails to spice up your holiday celebrations. From the classic hot toddy and apple ciders to our pumpkin spice lovers, we have covered it all to throw the most unbe-leaf-able party ever.
Cozy up and drink responsibly
1. Maple Bourbon Hot Toddy
6 oz hot water
1 tsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Gum Syrup
2 dashes Pecan Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a heat-proof glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
2. Mulled Wine
optional add-in: 1/4 cup brandy (or your favorite liqueur)
optional garnishes: citrus slices (orange, lemon and/or lime), extra cinnamon sticks, extra star anise
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and heat just barely to a simmer over medium-high heat. (Be careful not to boil the mulled wine — you don’t want to boil off the alcohol.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Strain, and serve warm with your desired garnishes.
3. Apple Cider Mimosas
- On a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip champagne flutes in water to wet the rims, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill champagne flutes 1/4 full with apple cider, then top off with champagne.
4. Ginger Lime Soda
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, combine ginger beer, vodka, and lime juice, and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime slices.
5. Spicy Bloody Mary
- Combine vegetable juice, vodka, lemon juice, dill, prepared horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce, black pepper and celery seed.
- Serve over ice with dilly beans, lemon wedges, and celery.
6. Cranberry Apple Sangria
Instructions *Make the night before so they fruit has time to absorb the booze*
- Add oranges to a mixing bowl or pitcher.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the oranges and muddle (if you don’t have a muddler, use the back of the spoon).
- Add the spiced rum, red wine, orange liqueur and cranberry juice.
- Stir to combine and add cranberries and red apples.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add club soda before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
7. Skinny Pumpkin Spice White Russian Cocktail
- Dip the rim of your glass in caramel syrup
- Add all ingredients to a glass with ice
- Stir and enjoy!
8. Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cinnamon sticks
For the Cocktail
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon rosemary simple syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 orange peel
- rosemary sprig for garnish (optional)
- For the rosemary syrup: In a small saucepan, combine honey, water, rosemary sprigs, and cinnamon sticks over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until honey has dissolved into water.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, remove rosemary and cinnamon sticks and transfer to an airtight container. (store in refrigerator after use)
- For the cocktail: add 4 teaspoons of the cinnamon rosemary simple syrup and 3 dashes of bitters to an Old Fashioned glass.
- Swirl syrup and bitters around in glass.
- Add bourbon, ice, orange peel, and stir.
9. Apple Pumpkin Beer Cocktails
- Shake the bourbon, apple cider and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into four glasses filled with ice.
- Pour the beer evenly into each glass.
- Add garnishes.
- Serve and enjoy!
10. Autumn Fizz
1/4 oz lemon juice
Sparkling apple cider
Garnished with Thyme and apple
- Pour gin, lemon juice and agave nectar in shaker and shake.
- Pour over ice and top with sparkling cider.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and an apple slice.
11. Pumpkin Pie Shooters
- Dip the top of your shot glasses in marshmallow fluff until the rim is coated.
- Dip the coated rim in graham cracker crumbs until marshmallow fluff is completely covered.
- Add the pumpkin puree, creamer, vanilla and whipped cream vodka to your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin pie shots into graham cracker rimmed shot glasses.
- Serve and enjoy!
12. Honey Pear Margarita
- Place ingredients into a container or jug and stir really well.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least one hour, allowing the flavors to absorb.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
13. Warm Cider and Rum Punch
- Combine apple cider, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and ginger in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in run.
- Transfer to serving bowl or pitcher.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
14. Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the milk whisking often (about 3 minutes).
- Once melted, add the rest of the milk, the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice and stir.
- Pour a small amount of hot chocolate into serving glasses, add Kahlua OR bourbon (bourbon is much stronger in taste) and pour the remaining hot chocolate to top it off.
- Add whipped cream, caramel sauce and more pumpkin pie spice (optional).
Have kids? Read our 8 Fall Mocktails for Kids to Enjoy to keep those little critters busy. Or enjoy yourself, we won’t tell.